To passengers departing for the United States
Applying for an ESTA to travel to the US
Customers entering the United States on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) must obtain an approved Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) at least 72 hours before boarding the flight.
Effective from April 1, 2016 passengers must possess a passport with an IC chip embedded, or e-Passport to obtain an ESTA. Please check the US Embassy website for further details.
ESTA can be applied from the following website.
- ESTA application official sitehttps://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
Inquiries about ESTA · Visa Waiver Program, please refer to the following website.
- US Embassyhttps://jp.usembassy.gov/ja/
- Foreign Ministryhttp://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/toko/passport/us.html
- US Department of Homeland Securityhttp://www.cbp.gov/travel/
- Visa Waiver Program (VWP)https://jp.usembassy.gov/ja/visas-ja/esta-information-ja/
Declaring your accommodation in the US
Customers traveling to the United States are required to declare in advance their point of contact in the US (ZIP code/state/city/street number and name of the hotel, etc.) and the country they reside in. On the booking webpage, please register your accommodation information.
* You do not need to provide this information if you are a US citizen or permanent resident or if you are transiting to a third country within eight hours.
Registration of emergency contact details for US citizens
Under the Code of Federal Regulations established in February 1998, we keep emergency contact details of any US citizen flying in or out of the United States at the request of the customer. If you wish to register your emergency contact details, please print out the emergency contact form below, fill in as required and hand it over to ground staff at your airport of departure.
File size: 655KB
About Secure Flight Program
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has introduced the Secure Flight Program. The Secure Flight Program was introduced to enhance the security of commercial aircraft departing from and arriving in the United States, and TSA collates passenger information of each airline with TSA's alert list in advance. With the introduction of this system, TSA requires each airline to collect the passenger information required for secure flights and register it in the booking record when making a reservation. Under the direction of TSA, we confirm the customer information required for secure flights for all passengers flying to and from the United States.
The details are as follows.
Please refer to the TSA homepage (English only) for the Secure Flight Program.
- Customer information required for secure flights (confirmed at the time of booking)
- Passport name
- Date of birth (AD)
- Redress Number (applicable only) *
*Redress Number is a code issued by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a remedy for travelers who are misidentified because they have the same surname and the same name as the person requiring attention. Click here for more details of Redress Number. (English only)
- How to register your information required for Secure Flight
- You can register your "date of birth" from the website reservation confirmation screen.
- If you are unable to register from our website or have any questions about how to register, please contact the Contact Center.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, the intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 and 49 C.F.R parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your Redress Number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see the TSA Web site at www.tsa.gov.
The efforts of the US aviation access method
For routes to and from the United States which we operate, we offer a variety of services based on the US National Aeronautics and access method (the Air Carrier Access Act), so that customers with bodily disabilities may remain comfortable aboard the aircraft. For any questions or concerns, please let airport staff know and you will be able to consult with a CRO (Complaint Resolution Official).
The CRO include the staff members who are specially educated with the applicable provisions for disabled people in the US
Regarding the legal regulations related to persons with disabilities in the United States, you can visit the US Department of Transportation's website (English).
For handicapped customers hotline (free)
Aviation Consumer Protection Division (Aviation Consumer Protection Division)
Office of Aviation Consumer Protection
U.S.Dept. Of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave., SE
Washington, D.C. 20590
US aviation consumer protection department (Aviation Consumer Protection Division)dot.gov/airconsumer
For assistance dogs
On flights to and from the U.S., emotional support dogs that provide emotional support to passengers with mental illnesses other than guide dogs, service dogs, and hearing dogs, and also other service animals(※), can accompany passengers in the cabin.
※ A service animal, regardless of the breed or type, a dog that has been trained to support people with disabilities. ※ It requires some advance procedures, so please contact us 48 hours before your departure.
- For one customer, you can accompany two service animals.
- Please present the confirmation specified by the DOT of your service animal, so that we can confirm the health and behave of your service animal.
- If the service animal is willing to take a flight of more than 8 hours, please present the confirmation specified by the DOT.
- Please present the confirmation at least 48 hours before your flight departs.
- Service animal should be able to seat on your lap or fit the space under your knee.
- If it is determined that will harm other passengers' safety or health, we may refuse your boarding.
- If any damage is occurred to the company by the passenger's service animal, we will ask for compensation for the same conditions as other passengers without the service animal.
Treatment of hand luggage when traveling to and from the United States
The notification from the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA), all the airports in the United States has been reinforced about the explosives inspection of check-in baggage.
Regardless of the baggage is locked or not, without notice to the customer or the airline company the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA)will open to check the baggage. For all the damages (including the key part), forfeit, and the loss of contents, of your baggage, please note that the airline company will not hold the responsibility. So we recommend not to put cash, precious metals, and valuables, such as electronic devices, also camera film, and videotape which has high-performance equipment inside your check-in baggage.
About the carry-on limit of the powder into the United States when departing from Japan.
The notification from the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA), carry-on baggage with powder inside should not be over 350ml(12oz). If so, please put it into your checked-in baggage well in advance.
Correspondence about the delay of domestic flights in the US
Correspondence about the long wait inside of the departure and arrival United States Domestic flights, we will respond as follows.
- Due to safety and security reasons, customers are not able to move from the runway to unload from the aircraft based on the captain's judgment. The air traffic control officer allows the captain to move to the runway if the aircraft has no trouble in operations, we will try our best not to land on the runway for over four hours. If done, it will allow the customer to get off from the aircraft back to the airport terminal.
- The delay reason and the latest situation will be announced within an interval of 30 minutes in the flight.
- If after departure or landing passengers are asked to wait in the cabin for more than 2 hours, we will offer meals and drinking water (Unless the captain is determined about the impossibility to provide the service for safety or security reasons).
- Consideration of the health of our customers, the restrooms will be available to use.
- We will inform you if it is possible to get out of the aircraft every 30 minutes.
- The resources need to be confirmed in order to be available to be used to perform this plan.
- About this plan, we work with local airport authorities, Customs Border Protection (CBP) and the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
It is prohibited by the principle law for domestic airports in the US that keep passengers wait inside the aircraft longer than 4 hours. Except for safety reasons,(US Tarmac delay rule (English)) has been defined.
This plan is according to the rules of the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and 14 CFR 259.4. It will be applied at the time of arrival and departure in the US Domestic Airport.
About your service plan for US arrival and departure flights
Announcement of the lowest fare
Our website and contact center will present the lowest fare class and fare rules for customers' preferred dates and flights.
While booking from the contact center, if there are cheaper fares on our website, we will offer you that option.
About baggage transportation
For the return of the checked-in baggage, we will return the baggage after the arrival of your flight as soon as possible. By any chance, if your baggage return is delayed, we will ensure to return within 24 hours after your arrival.
In this case, if your baggage is lost or has not been found, in accordance with the provisions of the refund and international treaties, such as excess baggage fees you paid at the time when you checked in your baggage, we will offer the necessary compensation.
About refund procedures
Our company's tickets are not available for the refund, except for the delay or cancellation of the flights and also for our circumstances that passengers are not able to use the tickets. We will do the refund for the service fee you paid. The method of payment will be handled in the following ways:
Payment by Credit Card or QR code
The refund will be processed with in 7 business days by both the credit card company or QR code payment company.
(*Refund to your account is based on the terms of your credit card company or QR code payment company.)
If you paid in cash
After the refund application, we will process the refund within 20 business days. The offer of reimbursement is available at the contact center.
When contacting us, please prepare the information that we may ask for, such as your name, address, reservation number, departure date, destination. Your hand on top of the offer, please contact the offer.
The cancellation fee of departure and arrival of the routes in the US after ticketing within 24 hours.
The customers who purchased the tickets on our website or from the contact center within 24 hours are available for a refund with no commission at the contact center.
However, for the reservations of flights of less than one week until the boarding date, the refund will be based on the fare rules. For reimbursement fees of various types of fares, please check the For various handing charges.
Responding to customers who need special help or considerations.
For all passengers to enjoy their flights, we try our best to help you. We tend to help with consideration for passengers with disabilities, we tend to help with consideration in accordance with US Department of Transportation regulations. According to our company rules, families with little children, pregnant customers, children traveling alone, also for customers who need other assistance.
A part of particular service will be required to contact us in advance. Please let us know what kind of help you need.
For more information, please visit the For passengers who need help..
When an overbooking occurs, in accordance with the US Department of Transportation regulations and company rules, we ask customers to cooperate with us.
For details, we will guide you at the airport.
For cancellation policy and equipment information
For the following information, we will guide you on our website, contact center, or at the airport counter.
- Cancellation policy applicable to the ticket
- The information of equipment, such as the number of seats, restroom locations.
The guidance of the time schedule change (delay-canceled-destination change)
If the booked flights of our customers are delayed (30 minutes or more), canceled or destination change has occurred, we will guide you about the latest flight information.
- We will guide you through our website with the latest flight information at the contact center.
- For the guidance of the newest information please check the bulletin boards at the boarding gate or the international airport counters.
- For customers who registered e-mail on our website, we will inform you of the latest information by e-mail.
The correspondence for unexpected situations (such as delay, cancellation).
For flights delayed or canceled due to bad weather or airport congestion reasons, we will inform customers about the correct information and strive to solve the inconvenience.
- In case of our reasons:
- We will arrange accommodations from the company options for passengers.
- In the case of other than our reason (such as bad weather):
- We cannot offer accommodation free for passengers, but we will help you to arrange accommodation as possible.
For suggestions and requests
We will reply to the opinions and requests we received from customers however possible.
According to the US Department of Transportation regulations, we will confirm the opinions in writing within 30 days and reply within 60 days.